How to Fax with Printer
Many people have stopped considering faxing as a useful service. They think of it as time-consuming and troubling. But technology has helped us overcome all the downsides associated with faxing.
Using multiple printers, you can easily send and receive faxes without owning a fax machine. Many people are unaware of its working procedure and are not always interested in learning.
But learning about sending a fax using your printer is a very quick procedure and comes in handy during multiple situations. Whether you are working from home or from the office, learning about faxing will help you to send documents right away.
Before we start with the how to fax with printer steps, let us take a look at some types of printers that will help you to use fax services.
Types of Printers
1. All in one printer with Fax features
Certain new models of printers have a fax feature embedded in them. These contain hardware on the inside along with a Fax button placed on the interface. In order to enable the fax feature, you have to just click on the button.
2. All-in-one printers without Fax features
Many people have a multifunctional printer that can scan, print, and copy but lack the feature of fax. Only by using an online fax service, can you send a fax then.
3. Single-function printers
These printers do not come with the fax feature and therefore faxing is not possible.
How to fax with Printer – Methods
1. Faxing using a printer with fax capabilities
If you own a printer with fax features, all you have to do is plug in the telephone cable and computer. This will help you to get ready for faxing using your fax-enabled printer. If you’re looking forward to receiving a fax, you have to make sure the printer is on.
Step 1: The first step includes making sure all the necessary connections have been made. The telephone lines and computer should be connected to the printer.
Step 2: The printer driver should be installed on your computer. You can do it by using the CD that was provided by the printer or by downloading the driver from the internet.
Step 3: Next, open the document that you want to send via fax. Go to the option ‘File’, select the print command under it or simply press Ctrl+P from the keyboard.
Step 4: In the print menu, select fax as the printer driver.
Step 5: Enter the fax number of the recipient in the field provided. After filling out all the necessary details, hit the ‘Send’ button.
Step 6: The printer will automatically dial the fax number of the receiver and transfer the fax you want to send. You will receive a confirmation after the delivery of the fax has been done. The printer can also print a confirmation page for you.
2. Sending a fax through the printer using a Document Feeder
Another way to send a fax is by using the Document Feeder of your printer. Make sure all the connections to the telephone line are made. After that:
● Place the document that you want to fax in the document feeder of the printer.
● Enter the fax number of the recipient.
● Press send to complete the process.
3. How to fax from the computer using an HP printer that does not have the fax feature
If you have an HP printer without an in-built fax function, you can still send faxes. All you need is a computer connected to the landline. The scanner of the printer will be used to fax the file to the receiver.
Step 1: Make sure that the computer is connected to the telephone line.
Step 2: Install the HP full feature driver and software for the specific printer in your computer. You can look up HP Printer Assistant or HP Solution Center in the search bar.
Step 3: Open the document you want to fax. Go to the ‘File’ option, then ‘Print’ and Printer to select the printer output. Out of all the options presented to you, select ‘Fax’.
Step 4: Select ‘Print’ which will open a new window.
Step 5: Enter the fax number of the receiver. And click send.
Points to Remember
● If you are using a printer that has the fax function, make sure there is a proper connection made with the telephone line at all times.
● In order to send and receive a fax, you must have a fax number regardless of what method you use. When you get the fax-enabled printer, you will receive a fax number through the required procedure.
● It is often assumed that a wireless printer means you will not be required to make any connections. This is not the case. You will need to connect it to the telephone line.
● Invest in a fax modem and a computer set up to receive and send faxes.
● You can send a fax using certain online fax service systems but some of them tend to charge you or allow limited faxes to be sent.
How to Fax with Printer – FAQs
- Do we need a phone line to fax with a printer?
If you plan to send a fax without the help of any third-party service, you need a phone line.
If you cannot connect the printer to the phone line immediately, you can use any online fax service (such as eFax) to send and receive files from the wireless printer.
- Is eFax free with an HP printer?
Because of the partnership between HP and eFax, you will get limited free faxing using the HP printer. Twenty free incoming and outgoing pages per month are allowed.
- How can we get the fax number for my HP printer?
The fax number is the phone number to which the printer is attached. If you are unsure about the fax number, call 1-800-444-4444 to find out. It is a toll-free line operated by the MCI.
- How can we send a fax with the Gmail account?
Open the Gmail account and click the compose button to start an email. Enter the number of the recipient followed by @fax.plus in the ‘To’ field. Attach the document that you wish to fax from your Gmail account.
Before Wrapping How to Fax with Printer Guide Few Words –
Even if you do all the faxing through the internet, using a printer for faxing documents will give you the highest clarity. This technology of faxing is very easy to learn and comes with multiple benefits. It is not at all time consuming rather helps to increase productivity by saving some time.